Home My YFS

Easthall put six past Summerston in fiery encounter

Written by  Easthall FC


Under 19's Glasgow & District YFL
23 November 2014
The game got under way and it was Summerson doing the early pressing with neither team being able to get a grip of the ball in the middle of the park. 
However it was Easthall who settled in first and created several chances and could've been a few up before they struck. A free kick was awarded just outside the penalty area which was laid off to Darren Beckett at the edge of the box who fired a thunderbolt off the underside of the bar and in. 
After this Easthall dominated creating many chances but not being clinical enough and they were punished Summerston number nine drove into the box and cut it back to the striker who had a tap in from a couple of yards, 1-1. 
The game then settled back in and it was Easthall who continued to dominate. 
However, Summerston almost found themselves in front a slack back pass left the striker one on one with Kerr in the Easthall goal, however he somehow managed to put the ball past the post. Again they found themselves in again as the striker went one on one with Kerr again however Kerr done well to slide in on the striker and thwart the attempt. 
The match was fiery and the Summerston number seven made a terrible challenge on Fraser and was lucky to get away with a yellow. 
Easthall eventually found the break through after Dean took a free kick from just inside the Easthall half, it was floated brilliantly to Ferguson who made no mistake and headed home.
Half Time : Summerston 1-2 Easthall 
The second half began with the home side pressing Easthall into making a mistake and it paid off after McNair played a short back pass to Kerr and the striker made no mistake by rounding the keeper and bring the game level. 
Easthall soon regained the lead from a corner from Beckett was headed home near post from Mallin, 2-3. 
After this there was a sustained period of Summerston pressure and from a corner the ball was played in and the striker fired at goal from about ten yards which was saved by Kerr the rebound fell straight to the striker who looked destined to score however Kerr pulled off another great save to keep his team in front. 
There was another fantastic Chance for the home team who where again denied by a fantastic save from Kerr for the third time in five minutes. 
Easthall then broke and score a fourth through Beckett to give them a bit of a cushion. 
Then, a fifth came soon after, when a penalty was awarded for a foul on Ferguson and the penalty was dispatched confidently by Beckett for his hat trick, 2-5. 
Then Easthall where reduced to ten men after Shepherd got a second yellow. However the advantage didn't last long after a Summerston player reacted badly to the Easthall striker evening up proceedings. 
The Summerston no seven then received a second yellow however somehow managed to stay on the park as the referee didn't spot that he had already been booked in the first half. The Summerston no seven then committed another very poor foul on the Easthall right midfielder and was rightly shown a red for the challenge. 
The game was scrappy for the remainder, but there was one final bit of action as Jaime Christie found himself unmarked inside the box for a simple tap in to wrap up the victory for Easthall.
Full Time : Sumerston 2-6 Easthall
Login to post comments