Home My YFS

Giffnock blow St Cadocs away with second half goals

Written by 


Giffnock SC
St Cadocs YFC
Under 13's PJDYFL
02 November 2014
The match started in a very fiesty manner with tackles flying in straight from kick-off. 
St Cadocs seemed happy to sit in, without ever really venturing into the Gifnock half in the opening thirty five minutes. 
On four minutes, Giffnock got the break through they deserved. A great cross from the right by R. Sinclair was met at the near post by M. Connolly, his header at goal was off target but found its way to the back post were the waiting J. Adair was on hand to turn the ball home. 
The next twenty mins seemed like a seige on the St Cadocs goal, J. Shields hit the bar with great effort from the edge of the box and also passed up two other great chances which seemed easier to score, Connolly dwelled on the ball in the box when the early shot seemed the better option. 
As so often happens in football these missed chances were to come back and bite Giffnock, as St Cadocs managed to grab an equaliser just before half time when former Giffnock player Aaron Graham scored with a deflected effort which gave keeper Smith no chance.
Half Time: Giffnock SC 1- 1 St Cadocs 
The second half followed the same pattern as the first with Giffnock controlling a lot of the possession and looking the more dangerous side.
Five minutes into the second half, Giffnock once again grabbed the lead, a freekick from the right was swung into the box and eventually landed at the feet of E. Ross who fired low into the bottom right. 
Incredibly this lead lasted only a couple of minutes as St Cadocs equalised, after a long ball forwad from the back was not dealt with by the Giffnock defence and allowed the striker to race through and cooly finish. 
With twenty minutes left Giffnock were looking at dropped points in a game they had dominated from start to finish, a positive reaction was required and thats exactly what was given, as they didn't let the St Cadocs equaliser drop their heads. E Ross was the man who grabbed the next goal of the game, blasting home a free kick twenty yards from goal despite the wall being only to make it 3-2. 
Next up Giffnock were awarded a penalty after a brilliant run from F. Slade down the right resulted in the defender knocking him over, the referee pointed to the spot. L. Anderson was the man who stepped up and cooly slotted the ball into the bottom right for a 4-2 lead. 
The game was finally sealed on sixty five minutes when Slade once again broke down the right, his cross was narrowly missed by the diving E. Ross but found Shields at the back post who fired high past the keeper to his left for 5-2.
Full Time: Giffnock SC 5-2  St Cadocs 
Login to post comments