Home My YFS

Maryhill Juniors narrowly defeat Beith

Written by 


Maryhill Juniors FC
Beith BC
U15's Paisley Johnstone & District DFL 
18 March 2014
After 12 weeks of no competitive matches,this was our chance to get some points on the table and start pushing for the league title.
After a scrappy start Maryhill created the better of the chances with Connor Mallis and Paddy Baird failing to put away two each one on ones with the keeper with both firing narrowly wide. John Cassidy failed to connect with a well drilled corner and Maryhill had passed up another chance to take the lead. 
For the 2nd week running Maryhill were denied a stone wall penalty, good running by Ewan McArthur driving into the box which seemed him tripped up after he moved the ball passed the Beith defender but the referee waived away any claims from what seemed clear cut. 
With Beith's first chance of the half, with 43 minutes on the stopwatch Beiths forward raced clear of the Maryhill defence into the box and was taken out by goalkeeper Jack Latto, even though the Beith player was going away from goal and John Cassidy got back behind Jack the referee showed jack the red card and awarded Beith a penatly.
Thomas Elliot came on in goal and his first touch was to pick the ball out the net as Beith's number 9 slotted the ball home
Amazingly with 47mins on the stopwatch Paddy Baird attacked the right back into the box resulting in him being fouled and a penalty was given. Connor Mallis raced to take the ball and the responsibility, slotting the ball into the bottom left corner.
With 48 minutes on the stopwatch the referee finally brought an eventful first half to an end.
Half Time: Maryhill Juniors 1-1 Beith BC
With Donnie (manager) playing his team like one of the boys playing FIFA 14 he set about the Maryhill formation sacrificing a defender(Ewan McLeod) to leave two up front. Reegan Shearer came on for Paddy and Declan Allen came on for Scott Stephenson.
And it was Dec who made an impact with a couple of goods runs through the heart of the Beith team but to no end product.
After 59 minutes, Dec had the ball in the back of the net after a great cross from the right by Reegan Shearer to find Dec at the back post to volley home only for the referee to cut short Maryhill's celebrations. With his offside decision much to the despair of the Maryhill management team.
The fighting spirit in the Maryhill team saw us create chance after chance, but the Beith's number 1 was in fine form. With Maryhill's dominance, we looked like winning this game and on 77 minutes that chance came.
With a long clearance forward, Reegan Shearer raced in on the keeper, with the defender catching him Reegan checked back left before sliding the ball coolly with his left foot under the keeper and into the net to loud roars from the ever encouraging Maryhill Side of the pitch.
With 43 minutes of the 2nd half played the referee blew for full-time and a deserved 3 points were Maryhill's.
Men of Match where John Cassidy and Josh Brown who where both outstanding.
Full Time: Maryhill Juniors 2-1 Beith BC
Login to post comments