2014/15 will see the launch of an exciting new initiative from Youth Football Scotland. The YFS Supporters Club will give people who are passionate about what YFS is doing the chance to help us grow, shape the organisation's future and enjoy a number of benefits. The first of which - the chance to win a brand new set of Adidas playing kit for your team, thanks to Host Your Kit.
Since launching in 2010, Youth Football Scotland has gone from being primarily grant funded to almost entirely self funded. This means our staff and volunteers spend a great deal of their time on fundraising. Naturally, we would prefer to spend our time growing our website and services, reaching out to more areas of Scotland and doing more for the youth football community - covering more teams in more regions.
It has always been a great passion of ours to keep YFS completely free. It's an expensive business being a youth football parent or coach and we want to give something back without hitting people in the pocket. However, we can't ignore the fact that thousands of people use our website on a daily basis and if just a small percentage of them were to pay a few pence per day, our emphasis could be switched and the youth football community would reap the rewards.
If you are in the first 200 sign ups you will be entered in a random draw to win a brand new full set of Adidas playing kit (example pictured above left), courtesy of Host Your Kit and Iomart. Sign up below or check out the FAQ for more information. There is no limit to sign ups from the same team, so the more people that sign up, the better chance your team stands of winning.
What are the benefits?
- Invitations to test and pilot brand new products and services from partner organisations, such as coaching software, kit and equipment.
- 20% discount for all YFS photo/video purchases.
- Exclusive members monthly newsletter, taking a look at what YFS has been getting up to behind the scenes and what's on the agenda for the next month.
- A discount card containing exclusive details from YFS advertisers/partners.
- Members 'E-focus group'. We will consult our members through webinars, when looking to make changes or developments to YFS.
- Annual digital subscription to the YFS Magazine.
- See new Kickin' The Baws shows 48 hours before they go live to the public.
- First refusal on any team opportunities that came about, such as: TV show appearances, training ground challenges, freebies.
- Welcome gift of a photo/video from the YFS 2010-2013 archives.
- Exclusive teamwear deals from our partners at Umbro.
- Recruitment Zone adverts posted on YFS Facebook and Twitter within 24 hours.
How much will it cost me?
We want everyone who wants to be a member, to have that chance. So the recommended donation is £2 per month or £20 per year, however there is an option to pay less. For those who want to pay more, you can. All of the monthly and annual donation options can be found below. Please note that your first pamyent is taken at the time of signing up.
How is the youth football community benefiting from the work of YFS?
You might already know the answer to this, but whether you do or don't, please take a moment to watch this short video...
Will YFS change for me if I don't subscribe?
No. There will be no restrictions for those who do not decide to sign up, only benefits for those who do.
Is the YFS Supporters Club for me personally, or my club?
It is for you - NOT your club or team (although you are welcome to share the benefits with them). Team registration is free and can by done by clicking here.
We look forward to welcoming you on board. If you have any questions, click here to email us or phone 0131 629-7903.