Home My YFS

Lenzie beat Westdyke in extra time to book place in next round

Written by 


Westdyke BC
Lenzie YC
Under 14's Scottish Cup
 26 October 2014
Lenzie made the long trip North on Sunday to face top Aberdeenshire side Westdyke CC in the Scottish Cup third round. For most of their squad it was an overnight stay to prepare for the game.
Thankfully, the pitch was in perfect condition for the game getting underway. 
The game began with Lenzie pressing Westdtyke back into their own half, keeping a lot of possession and the home side being restricted to hitting on the break,
With fourteen minutes gone, the scoring was opened. It was Lenzie, who grabbed the first goal after Dudman was found by a Murray cross across the box, waiting at the back post to slot the ball home. 
It almost got worse for Westdyke as only minutes later, Thomson hit the post for Lenzie. 
The remainder of the half was fairly settled, with both teams playing good football and passing the ball around, but with no great chances being greated.
Half Time: Westdyke CC 0-1 Lenzie YC
he second half began with the home side being motivated to get themselves back into the tie after their half time talk. 
And not long after the start of the second half, they did so. After a fantastic striker from the edge of the eighteen yard box, flew past McQuillan in the Lenzie goal to make the scoreline 1-1.
Further chances fell to both sides, with the home side hitting the post, as well as Lenzie's Buchanan chipping the goalkeeper, only to see the ball drop just over the cross bar.
However, extra time was needed to settle this tie.
Full Time: Westdyke CC 1-1 Lenzie YC
Lenzie managed to get themselves in front, when a Tedeschi pass was met by a great run from Douglas, who stabbed the ball home, to make it 2-1 to Lenzie.
Westdyke came close just before the break as their striker hit a great shot, narrowly missing the target and going wide of the post. 
The second period of extra time began and Lenzie found themselves 3-1 up shortly afterwards, after a long throw from Tucker was dummied by Inglis, to Douglas who was waiting to hit a fantastic left footed drive high into the net.
Westdyke were to have no reply to the visitors going 3-1 up and that was how the game was to finish, sending Lenzie into the last 32 of the competition.
After Extra Time: Westdyke CC 1-3 Lenzie YC
Login to post comments