Home My YFS

Kirkliston South Queensferry book place in last sixteen at the expense of Gartcairn

Written by  Kirkliston South Queensferry


Kirkliston South Queensferry
Gartcairn FA
Under 14's, Scottish Cup Round 4
Queensferry High School
145 November 2014
There was only one place to be today, Queensferry High School to watch Kirkliston South Queensferry take one Gartcairn of Airdrie in the fourth round of this years Scottish Cup, with both sides looking extremely up for the match before kick off.
KSQ were without their wingers today as Forrest was out injured with a broken ankle and the where about's of Deckers unknown. 
KSQ started the match playing in a 4-4-2 formation, this seemed to be working well as they started very lively in the match and were playing well.
The first goal of the match was to come when Rohan of KSQ swung in an excellent corner, which was met by the head of Bradford who guided his header into the back of the Gartcairn net, putting his side up 1-0.
Gartcairn got themselves back in the match after Quate was forced into pulling off two fantastic saves, but unfortunately after the second save, the Gartcairn striker slotted home the loose ball. 
KSQ were chasing every ball and looking to go ahead once more. They did so when Bradford picked up the ball in the Gartcairn half, driving in on goal, where from the edge of the box he let fly a fantastic effort into the top corner, restoring his sides lead.
However, once again Gartcairn equalised shortly afterwards.
It was that man again, Bradford who scored the next goal, which was probably on of the best goals anyone would witness in youth football, making the score 3-2.
Shortly before half time Gartcairn equalised with a great effort, giving Quate no chance.
Half Time : Kirkliston South Queensferry 3-3 Gartcairn FA 
The second half began, with few chances being created. However, the KSQ defence showed their strength and stood strong at the back.
Both teams continued to play some good footballing.
With five minutes to go, Bradford grabbed KSQ the lead, finishing from a tight angle, 4-3 to KSQ.
The last five minutes were played out frantically, with KSQ trying to defend their lead and Gartcairn desperately trying to find themselves an equaliser. However, KSQ stood strong and the referee blew the whistle for full time. 
An excellent result for Kirkliston South Queensferry reaching the last sixteen of the national competition, definitely a day for all to remember.
Full Time : Kirkliston South Queenferry 4-3 Gartcairn FA 
Login to post comments