Home My YFS

Nine goal thriller between Milton Reds and Bowhouse

Written by  Milton Reds


Milton Reds
U16's FVFDA League Cup
19 May 2014
On Saturday 17th May Milton Reds 98’s under 16’s, were at home at Braehead Park and played host to Bowhouse in the quarter finals of the League Cup. 
Milton started at a high tempo and put the visitors under early pressure looking for the opening goal in the cup tie but after 10 minutes of play it was Bowhouse who made the early break through. In almost their first attack Bowhouse won a free kick and from the resultant ball into the home box there was indecision in the Milton defence and the ball ended in the back of the net. 
In the 15thminute the tie was level when forward Ross Leary fired home from a Simon White cross. Milton pressed forward but after 20 minutes Bowhouse again took the lead when after clearing their 
lines from a Milton free kick Bowhouse hit on the break and were again a goal ahead. 
Milton again pressed forward and Bowhouse keeper Declan Horne was their saviour when he pushed a Jake Hurry effort onto the crossbar and over for a corner. From the resultant corner, Milton’s Simon White fired home to level the tie at two goals apiece. 
In the 32nd minute in the match when under pressure from mid-fielder Callum Rennie a Bowhouse defender knocked the ball past his own keeper and into the net. Milton continued to dominate possession for the remainder of the half and the half time whistle came with Milton Reds ahead by three goals to two. 
Half Time: Milton Reds 3-2 Bowhouse
After the restart Milton piled on the pressure and the visitor’s goal was under siege as Milton pressed to increase their slender lead. Milton were unlucky not to score when substitute Callum Brown raced in and fired a tremendous effort on target only to watch agonisingly as keeper Horne 
dived full length to turn the effort around the post for another corner. 
After almost 20 minutes of totally dominating play Milton were stunned when Bowhouse broke out and levelled the tie from a high chip to the back post with Milton keeper Ballantyne stranded. 
Within a minute the visitors had completely turned the match around when Bowhouse fired in another goal to make the score Milton three Bowhouse four. Milton then settled down and got their game back on track. 
In the 69thminute, from a Jake Hurry free kick, Leary levelled the tie with a powerful header. Within 30 seconds Milton were then a goal ahead when Brown showed great composure to control the ball and slot it past the out-rushing keeper. 
The remainder of the match was played with Milton well in control but no further scoring. The final whistle sounded with the result Milton 5, Bowhouse 4. 
Full Time: Milton Reds 5-4 Bowhouse
The Milton Coaches were pleased to progress to the semi final where they will play Grahamston
Milton’s next match will be on Wednesday at home in a League match against Milan Boys Club.
Login to post comments