Home My YFS

Milton 98s continue title surge

Written by 


Bathgate Thistle
U16's WLAYFC match
24 November 2013
Milton this week had a top of the table clash to 2nd place Bathgate Thistle. Bathgate like Milton have been on excellent form, and were also coming to close the gap at the top of the league.

Milton started the match brightly and could have been 1 up after 30 seconds when Morgan Reid hit the post. Milton had more possession in the early stages of the half but when they failed to capitalise, Bathgate started to come into the match. This was a match of 2 excellent footballing teams who were giving the spectators plenty to watch.

It wasn’t until the 32nd min when Milton took the lead, when Jordan Brown played the diagonal ball to Lewis Greener who fired it over the keeper and into the net from 8 yards.

Milton doubled the lead on the 37th min when Jordan Brown had a solo run and fired it home from 30yds leaving the keeper helpless, giving him his 7th goal of the season.
Half Time: Mitlon 98s 2-0 Bathgate Thistle

The second half started the same way as the first, with Milton eager to increase the lead. 

On the 56th min Morgan Reid played the ball across to Scott Duncan who fired it past the ‘keeper from 9 yards for his 16 goal of the season.

Two minutes later Milton hit number four when Jordan Brown played the ball from an in-swinging corner and the Bathgate defender headed it into his own net.

Despite the score-line Bathgate still played good football and were still creating chances but Milton were breaking down the play. On the 63rd min, Adam Beirne did a great run, advancing past 3 Bathgate players before being brought down in the box for a penalty. Robbie Sneddon step up and maintained his 100% conversion riffling it past the keeper for 5 out of 5.

Goal number 6 came on the 69th min when Morgan Reid played a ball over the Bathgate defence for Craig Hunter to latch onto and chip it over the advancing keeper from 18 yards, for his 11th of the season.

72nd min and it was 7 and Joe Tortolano hit his 7th when he was played through by Scott Duncan and he coolly slotted the ball past the keeper from 17 yards. Bathgate scored a consolation late on but the game was finished by then. Bathgate were a credit to their coaches for battling from 1st to final whistle. 

Milton made changes throughout the game and with the depth in the squad, again made no difference to formations or tactics.
Danny Holmes came on and made his debut for Milton today, and we still have Ewan Law to recover from injury adding more depth.
Men of the match were Adam Beirne and Robbie Sneddon.
Full Time: Milton 98s 7-1 Bathgate Thistle
Login to post comments