Home My YFS

Milton beat Murie to go 800 minutes without conceding

Written by 


Murieston United
Milton 98's
27 October 2013
The week Milton travelled to Murieston in the west Lothian league. This was expected to be a difficult game as Murieston like Milton remain unbeaten in the league and both teams are certain to be title contenders towards the end of the season.
The match started at a fast pace with both team keeping the ball on the ground and playing football. There was a cross wind which didn't affect play too much

On the fifth minute Milton took the lead. Milton got a free kick from inside our own half, goalkeeper Cameron Ayres swept it into the Murieston box and it was met by Adam Beirne who was advancing at the left hand side of the penalty area and he cooly lobbed it over the Murieston keeper.

With this being two  top teams in the league it was good game to watch as the football ability was at a high standard throughout the game, and with this in mind the match attracted a large crowd with players and coaches from other teams in our league onlooking.

Milton doubled the lead on the 27th minute. Robbie Sneddon took a free kick from 35 yards and flighted the ball into the box, where it was met by Craig Hunter about 4 yards out to lash it past the helpless keeper.

Murieston had a couple of chances in the 1st half but they were dealt with comfortably by the Milton goalkeeper.

Half time: Murieston United 0-2 Milton 98's 

The second half started at the same pace as the first with both teams playing the ball on the ground. Milton were dominating in the middle of the park and breaking up any through balls by Murieston. 
Milton's third goal could be goal of the season. Cameron Ayres rolled the ball out to Robbie Sneddon on the left, he advanced forward and played onto Adam Beirne who took it up the left channel crossed it into the box for Craig Hunter who smashed it past the advancing keeper from 6 yards. Excellent football back to front. 0-3.

Murieston were gradually falling out of the match now and Milton still upping the tempo. On the 65th min it was game over as Jordan brown took a corner from the left for it to be met by our top scorer Scott Duncan from 3 yards for his 15th of the season.
Full time: Murieston United 0-4 Milton 98's

Milton have great depth within the squad that once again, despite the changes being made, there was no affect on the team on the park.
Milton have also now gone 800 league mins without conceding a goal, and remain undefeated in the west Lothian league winning 9 and drawn 1. 

Players men of the match was Scott Duncan and Morgan Reid.  Milton wish Murieston all the best for the rest of the season.  Next week Milton are away to Broxburn in the R.egional cup. 
Login to post comments