Home My YFS
Monday, 17 December 2012 13:54

Goal-fest at Meggetland as Hutchie march on

Written by 
Rate this item
(0 votes)



Hutchison Vale
Tynecastle FC
Hendry 13, 49
Cook 20
Feachen 36
Sinclair 2, 27
Lindsay 81


U15 SYFA Challenge Cup - R5
Meggetland 3G


By Jonathan McIntosh
YFS South East Region Reporter
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. | Twitter: @jonmc44

Click here to find out more about the YFS Journalism & Media Team.

Discuss the Match | Create a Souvenir Newsprint

Scottish Cup holders Hutchison Vale booked their place in this year’s quarter final, after defeating Edinburgh rivals Tynecastle FC 4-3 at Meggetland.

Hutchison Vale will travel to either Banchory Boys Club or Kilsyth Athletic FC in the quarter final.

The match was all set to be a thriller between two of the capital’s most successful clubs, and it did not disappoint. With five goals in the first half alone, Regan Hendry’s second half header ensured that Hutchison Vale would continue to defend their trophy.

The match started perfectly for Tynecastle, and they had the lead after two minutes. Bradley Sinclair’s shot looped over goalkeeper Byron Gibb after a free kick was played through the Hutchie defence.

Seven minutes later, Hendry’s shot was well saved by Tynie goalkeeper Kieran Green. 

Hendry made the breakthrough for Hutchie in the 13th minute. Fraser Paton’s perfect corner met the head of Hendry, who directed the ball in from six yards.  

And Hutchie were celebrating again with their next corner. This time, Paton crossed the ball towards the far post and Jack Cook rose highest to head the ball into the roof of the net.

Sinclair grabbed his second goal after 27 minutes. He headed in after Sean Waterston picked him out from the left by-line.

With goals flying in at both ends, Hutchie’s Gabrie Auriemma tried to beat Green from long range, but the Tynie custodian was able to tip the ball wide.

Hutchie regained the lead after 36 minutes. Ethan Feachen placed his shot into the bottom right corner, after a great passing move unlocked the Tynie defence. 

Half Time: Hutchison Vale FC 3-2 Tynecastle FC 

After all the goals of the first half, the second half was a much tighter affair, but Hutchie were still able to score after 49 minutes. A chipped free kick was played to Hendry, who headed the ball in from inside the penalty area.

Ten minutes later, Hendry’s 20 yard free kick went narrowly wide of the left post. Arran Singh also had a chance to score for Hutchie but his shot was well saved by Green.

Hendry looked to secure the result with two minutes of normal time remaining. His excellent long range shot was tipped over the bar by Green’s diving save.

David Lindsay gave Tynecastle a lifeline in stoppage time. A counter attack finished with Lindsay placing the ball into the bottom right corner of the net.

Tynecastle nearly grabbed a late equaliser. Four minutes into stoppage time, Sonny Swanson’s spectacular 30 yarder flew narrowly over the crossbar.

Time ran out on Tynecastle as Hutchison Vale became the first team in the country to be confirmed as Under 15s Scottish Cup quarter finalists.

Full Time: Hutchison Vale FC 4-3 Tynecastle FC 

Hutchison Vale Tynecastle FC
1.   Byron Gibb
2.   Cameron Milne
3.   Fraser Paton
4.   Sam Birch
5.   Cameron Begbie
7.   Cameron McAlpine
8.   Cal Sheridan
9.   Ryan Fox
10. Ethan Feachen
11. Regan Hendry 
12. Cameron Sclater
14. Gabrie Auriemma
15. Cameron Fraser
16. Innes Goodall
17. Arran Singh
20. Jack Cook
55. Kieran Green
2.   Daniel Matthews
3.   Daniel Headspeath
4.   Aaron Nugent
5.   Scott Cameron
6.   Robbie Renwick
9.   Sean Waterston
10. Lloyd Livingstone
11. David Lindsay
14. Darren Blacklock
15. Bradley Sinclair
16. Sonny Swanson
17. Lewis Mackay

Fraser Paton was in excellent form and his excellent set pieces created two Hutchie goals.
Bradley Sinclair was on fire in front of goal, scoring two goals in the first half.
Last modified on Wednesday, 02 October 2013 14:13
Login to post comments