Home My YFS

Tynecastle Colts defeat North Berwick Colts to lift Belmont Vauxhall Cup

Tynecastle FC Colts 6

Carr 3 ,15, 26, Cron 29, 35, Gardner 50

North Berwick Colts 1

Wilson 51
  • Sunday, 26 April 2015
  • New Dundas Park
  • Under 13´s
  • Belmont Vauxhall Cup
Tynecastle FC Colts claimed the title of Belmont Vauxhall Cup winners after defeating North Berwick Colts Fc 6-1 in the Belmont Vauxhall Cup Final at a wintry New Dundas Park.
Tynecastle got off to a flyer when they opened the scoring just three minutes into the final. A long ball forward was latched onto by Jack Carr who drove into the box and unleashed a shot from 16 yards out to fire beyond Douglas Stewart in the Berwick goal.
Carr was on the attack again down the left hand side but Berwick’s Jedd Rixon Gibb did well to track back to win a throw. The next opportunity for Tynecastle came on six minutes when Dalziel Cron played the ball back to find Mark Wilson on the edge of the box but the Tynie man put his shot high and wide of the left hand post.
Berwick started to have joy down the left and this was the case when Neil Brough fired in a shot from the left side of the box. Unfortunately for him it went into the side netting at the near post. The lads from down the East coast created another chance when a good ball in from Harry Ford found Cameron Isaac on the edge of the box, but unfortunately he was crowded out before he could get a shot away.
Tynecastle won a corner on the left which was played short to Liam Miller and when his initial shot was blocked and it came back to him, he fired high and wide of the left hand post. The Saughton based team started to take control of the game and Carr would of expected someone to try and take advantage of his good ball across the front of goal.
A minute later and Tynecastle doubled their lead when Carr went in on the keeper to win a 50/50 ball. Stewart was unlucky to see the ball come of him after making the initial block which left Carr with a tap in from four yards out to claim his second of the game.
Unfortunately Stewart in the Berwick goal had to withdrawn after being injured in the challenge and was replaced in goal by out field player Matthew Wilson on 18 minutes. Tynecastle were having a good spell which saw stand in keeper deny Carr with a good block and then Gibb came across to halt Lewis Collins progress on the right side.
Just as Berwick looked to be starting to get back into the game, Carr claimed his hat-trick on 26 minutes when he found the far corner after cutting in off the right side.
A minute later and Berwick found themselves further behind when Carr become supplier this time. The hat-trick man fired the ball across goal from the left which was met by Cron who had the simplest of tasks to knock the ball home from four yards out.
A real moment of concern for Berwick as stand in keeper Wilson had to be withdrawn with a injury on 32 minutes. After some discussion, Stewart who had been replaced by Wilson after his injury took his position back between the sticks.
Into added on time and Stewart's first piece of action after his return was to deny Carr from increasing his and Tynie’s goal tally.
Unfortunately Tynecastle were not happy with what they had going into the break and they claimed their fifth goal of the game. The same combination that had claimed the previous goal did so again when Carr found Cron, leaving him with another tap in from close range to put the game beyond Berwick.
  • Half Time:
  • Tynecastle FC Colts
  • 5-0
  • North Berwick Colts

The second half was all about pride for Berwick but Tynecastle were not going to make it easy for them and they were right back on the attack. Miller made a good run down the left side and fired the ball across to Carr who blasted his shot high over the bar with only three minutes of the half gone.

After evading a few tackles, Miller then played the ball out to Collins but when Cron latched onto his ball in the box the off side flag brought the move to an abrupt halt. Collins then set of down the right side again but his ball in was cleared by Gibb.
Berwick started to get into the second half and were awarded several free kicks. Gibb hit a low free kick from the half way line which Tynecastle dealt with comfortably. The referee pulled the play back for a free kick after he allowed play to advance, but decided Berwick had gained no advantage.  The free kick was played in by Ford but his low driven effort was turned behind for a corner as Sean Clouston cleared at the near post.
The resulting corner was whipped in by Shaun Samson which was met by Isaac, but his powerful strike was blocked by Tynecastle’s Mark Wilson and the men in maroon brought the ball out from the back to relieve the pressure. Berwick were competing with their Tynie counterparts and Isaac was a tad unfortunate when his attempted delicate lob over Ryan Greechan lacked just a little bit of pace which allowed the keeper to pluck the ball out of the air.
Another good Berwick move saw Jack Drijver-Headley play a good ball into Finlay Baxter and after a lovely turn inside the box he laid the ball off to Wilson, who had been reintroduced as a sub, but his shot was taken well by Greechan.
Totally against the run of play Tynecastle increased their lead on 50 minutes. Carr broke up field quickly and with the Berwick players struggling to get back he whipped the ball across the six yard box which was turned in by Bailey Gardner from 3 yards outs.
Berwick hit straight back from the restart when Matthew Wilson scored a well deserved consolation goal, just rewards for all the hard work and effort his team had put into the game so far.
Tynecastle came back at Berwick and forced a corner on the right. Clouston played the ball in which was only cleared as far as Carr who returned the ball towards the Berwick goal but his shot went wide of the left hand upright. Minutes later and another corner, played in again by Clouston the ball was header clear. Wilson picked up the ball outside the box but Stewart halted his progress with a fine tackle.
Jamie Warner then forced Stewart into a good save after a fine strike from 22 yards out. The Berwick keeper then was called into action again when Joseph Banda chased down a ball forward but Stewart reacted quickly to come out and clear. Carr picked up the clearance and played in Warner who hit a powerful strike that Stewart failed to hold onto but luckily his team mate was on hand to clear.
A minute to go in regulation time and Berwick created a good chance after a ball in from the left was met by the head of Matthew Innes but his header went wide of the far post. Into added on time and Baxter had the last chance of the game but he put his 20 yard drive straight at Greechen.
Youth Football Scotland: Website Photos &emdash;
  • Full Time:
  • Tynecastle FC Colts
  • 6-1
  • North Berwick Colts


Tynecastle FC Colts
North Berwick Colts
1. Ryan Greechan
2. Lewis Collins
3. MarkWilson
4. Jamie Warner
5. Bailey Gardner
6. Aaron Burns (c)
7. Dylan Hutchison
8. Sean Clouston
9. Joseph Banda
10. Alessandro Alonzi
11. Jack Carr
12. David Ellis
14. Ethan Davis
15. Liam Miller
16. Jamie Phayre
17. Dalziel Cron
1. Douglas Stewart
2. Cameron Williams
3. Finlay Baxter
4. Neil Brough
5. Euan Duff (c)
6. Jake Amis
7. Jack Drijver-Headley
9. Owen Mackie
10. Shaun Samson
11. Harry Ford
12. Keir Lawley
13. Matthew Wilson
14. Matthew Innes
15. Jedd Rixon Gibb
17. Joseph O’Brien
18. Cameron Isaac
Star Player
Tynecastle FC Colts
North Berwick Colts
Jack Carr - Scored a hat-trick, set up two goals and was a threat all game. A real cup winning performance.
Jedd Rixon Gibb - Worked tirelessly at the back all game and made numerous important tackles and clearances but was also a real asset when he came forward.
Magic Moment
Tynecastle FC Colts
North Berwick Colts
Tynecastle's coach Cameron shouting 'C'mon Hearts' from the dug out much to the amusement of his fellow coaches. Same colour, wrong team.
Matthew Wilson claiming a well deserved consolation goal for his team after all the hard work and effort they had all put into the game.
  • Match report and photos copyright Youth Football Scotland.
Login to post comments