Home My YFS

Tynecastle defeat Edina to lift Lothian Buses Cup

Tynecastle FC 4

Alapiki 3, 5, Jardine (pen) 29, Neave 54

Edina Hibs CFC 0

  • Sunday, 19 April 2015
  • New Dundas Park
  • Under 13´s
  • Lothian Buses Cup - Final
Tynecastle Fc claimed the title of Lothian Buses Cup winners 2015 after defeating Edina Hibs CFC 4-0 in the Lothian Buses Cup Final at New Dundas Park.
Two early goals from Ivan Alapiki and a Scott Jardine penalty in the first half was added to in the second period through a Robbie Neave strike.
Tynecastle could only have dreamed of starting the game the way they did in this cup final when they found themselves two goals ahead within the first five minutes of the game.
The men in maroon opened the scoring on three minutes when Ross Watson went on a good run down the right, his ball into the box was miss-judged by Aaron Neap in the Edina goal and Ivan Alapiki was on hand from four yards out to knock the ball home.
Two minutes later and the same player was on the score sheet again when he picked the ball up in midfield and drove at the heart of the Edina defence, leaving them in his wake the big forward calmly fired the ball beyond Heap from 16 yards out to claim his and Tynie's second goal of the final
Edina's first effort of note came from a free kick on eight minutes when Daniel Duncan floated the ball into the box which was headed high into the air by Tynie's Aaron Matheson but Heap reacted quickly to come and claim the ball before Edina could capitalise.
Tynie came close to adding to their goal tally on 17 minutes when Sami Elyamaivi cut the ball back to Evan Scott in the box but his shot was taken well by Robbie Wilson in the Edina goal. A corner played in by James Scobie was cleared only as far as Scott but his shot was deflected into the path of Kameron Jackson who fired over the bar.
Midway through the first half and Edina started to make in roads into the game with a cross in from Brandon Hunter being cleared, then Liam Docherty played a lovely ball over the top but again Tynie cleared the danger.
Just when Edina seemed to be getting into the game they were dealt a body blow when they conceded a penalty on 29 minutes. Alapiki picked the ball up and drove into the box which saw Wilson come out and dive bravely at the forwards feet to smother the ball.
The referee pointed to the spot even though it looked liked the Edina keeper had a won a perfectly good challenge to win the ball. This did not concern Scott Jardine who stepped up and placed a well taken spot kick to the keepers left which gave the men from Saughton some real day light between themselves and Edina.
Tynie created a couple of good chances in the closing minutes with Scobie shooting just wide of the left hand post and into added on time, skipper Kieran Ngwenya after a good run, forced Wilson to parrie his shot wide to his right.
  • Half Time:
  • Tynecastle FC
  • 3-0
  • Edina Hibs CFC
Tynecastle got the second half underway after the interval and had a good penalty claim when Alapiki seemed to be fouled in the process of shooting but nothing was forth coming. A good turn and shot minutes later from Blair Ramage was hit with such venom, that Wilson failed to hold the initial effort but reacted quickly to collect at the second attempt.
Edina looked brighter in the second half and a good run down the right side into the box from Duncan saw him lay the ball off to Connor Alexander. The ball was then quickly shifted onto Jordan Ewing who got a shot away but it did not trouble Heap in the Tynecastle goal.
A free kick from 30 yards out gave Edina an opportunity to get the ball into the box, unfortunately Scott over hit the ball which went straight through to the Tynie keeper.
The men in green and white looked more positive now and Scott took of down the left side, after skipping past one challenge he was unceremoniously upended on the edge of the box. A free kick in a promising position was taken by Duncan but he put his effort into the side netting.
Tynecastle increased their lead on 54 minutes after a good block by Wilson found its way back to Neave 20 yards out. With Wilson in no position to recover in time from the previous block, Neave fired the ball home to put the game pretty much beyond Edina.
Into the last 10 minutes and Tynecastle came looking for more goals with Owen Reid firing wide of the right hand post, Kameron Jackson then slipped in Ngwenya who saw his shot spilled by Wilson but luckily Edina had a player on hand to clear.
Duncan was becoming a real threat for Edina, firstly he played a good ball into Scott but his cross was just a little to long for Hunter to get onto the end off. His next contribution was a good ball into the box from the left side but it was cleared by Alapiki for Tynie. A free kick on the right was then taken by Duncan who played a lovely floated ball into the box, Heap in the Tynie goal came to collect the ball and did so well whilst under severe pressure from Edina's Hunter.
Tynecastle came forward again and Neave came close when he put his shot wide of the left hand post from 16 yards out on 67 minutes. Neave then came close again, this time from 25 yards out he fired narrowly wide of the opposite post this time. The final chance of the game came right on the stroke of full time in Tynie's favour. A long ball in by Cooper Duff was spilled by Heap but before Ngwenya could pounce, Heap leaped on the loose ball.
  • Full Time:
  • Tynecastle FC
  • 4-0
  • Edina Hibs CFC


Tynecastle FC
Edina Hibs CFC
1. Aaron Heap
2. Scott Jardine
3. Luke Wilkie
4. Cooper Duff
5. Kieran Ngwenya (c)
7. Owen Reid
8. Evan Scott
9. Kameron Jackson
10. Blair Ramage
11. Ross Watson
14. Brandon Russell
15. Robbie Neave
16. Ivan Alapiki
17. Sami Elyamaivi
18. James Scobie
19. Aaron Matheson
1. Robbie Wilson
2. Marc Gracie
3. Ewan Ford
4. Liam Docherty
5. Robbie McMillan
6. Daniel Duncan
7. Jordan Ewing
8. Sean Hogg
9. Brandon Hunter
10. William Scott (c)
11. Steven Shore
12. Connor Alexander
14. Sol Kenny
15. Jamie Martin
16. Brandon McLaren
17. Shaun Taylor
Star Player
Tynecastle FC
Edina Hibs CFC
Ivan Alapiki - Got his side of to a dream start when he scored two goals in the opening five minutes of the first half.
Daniel Duncan - Involved with a lot of the good things his team done today and worked extremely through out.
Magic Moment
Tynecastle FC
Edina Hibs CFC
Alapiki's opening goal on three minutes made sure any early nerves were quickly forgotten.
Four nil down and into added on time in a cup final yet Liam Docherty still remained positive when he encouraged the crowd to give his team some vocal support.
Club Views
Tynecastle FC
Edina Hibs CFC
  • Match report and photos copyright Youth Football Scotland.
Login to post comments