Below is a statement from Forth Community Football Club as they look to become tenants of a sports pavilion which is situated close to their pitch.
"We the Management Committee, Parents, Grandparents and Players ask you to give us your support by liking this page. Writing to South Lanarkshire Council, Your MP, MSP and Local Councillor and asking them to give local young Forth & District footballers the changing facilities suitable for the 21st Century which could be created by saving the Whitehouse Pavilion.
Why should Forth Community FC be given consideration as suitable tenants/owners of the White House Pavilion ?
- To address the lack of suitable facilities in the community to cater for Scotland's most popular sport.
- To provide a service for the community.
- To maintain a level of interest amongst local children and promote in them healthy lifestyles to help deflect them away from Drug and or Alcohol Misuse.
- To help children and young people understand discipline, respect and teamwork in a sporting environment.
- To provide the Club with the ability to develop coaches throughout the year.
- To get the whole Community involved in football and place an emphasis upon the social benefits of participating in sport."