Home My YFS

Cove prove to be too strong for Stonehaven YFC

Written by  Cove BC


Stonehaven YFC
Cove BC
Under 14's ADJFA League
11 January 2015
Cove started the stronger and were putting some nice passing moves together. The Stonehaven defence was finally breeched after 5 min’s when a through ball sent Josh Paton on his way 1v1 with the keeper. The keeper came out to narrow the angle and Josh placed his shot wide. 
Stonehaven were battling away in midfield and passed a great ball out to their right midfield No14. He pushed the ball past Adam Whiffin at left back and rifled in a shot that stung the fingers of Cove keeper Daniel Green.
Cove were starting to win the midfield battle and apply pressure to the Stonehaven defence. 
This time after a neat one two, with Ben Forrest, Struan Linton was put through on goal. The keeper did well again and narrowed the angle and the shot went wide. Cove were on top at this point and creating chances but not converting them.
The next attack brought Cove their first goal. Josh Paton was put through one on one with the keeper this time he slotted neatly into the bottom left hand corner 1-0. 
Two minutes later Struan Linton took on the left back then rounded the keeper for 2-0. 
Play went from end to end then after a lucky deflection Josh was put through again and finished with a furious shot that beat the keeper. 
Stonehaven were awarded a free kick for offside half way inside their own half. Stonehaven number eight launched the ball the length of the pitch. The cove defence stood static as Stonehaven number fourteen ran past them and through on goal and finished really well smashing the ball into the top left hand corner 3-1. 
Stonehaven upped their game and started to apply pressure to the Cove defence and Muidfield with some neat passing and some dogged tackling. 
Stonehaven were awarded another free kick for off sides half way inside their half. Almost identically, Stonehaven number eight launched the ball over the Cove defence, No 14 ran onto it but this time blazed his shot over. 
Stonehaven pressure finally paid off as a quick throw in from Stonehaven right back found No 14 free who ran through on goal and finished into the bottom left-hand corner.
Half Time : Stonehaven YFC 2-3 Cove BC
The second half started with both teams creating chances at either end and a real battle in Midfield. 
Finally Cove broke down the Stonehaven defence. After some great wing work by Josh Paton he took a shot which beat the keeper but bounced off the left hand post shot across the goal bounced off the right hand post where it then found Struan Linton free on the 6 yard line who duly smashed home 4-2. 
Stonehaven were finding it hard to get the ball out of their half and Cove started to really dominate the game. 
From a Cove corner the ball was cleared as far as the six yard line where Josh Paton picked it up. He cut to his right and unfortunately a Stonehaven defender challenged him and brought him down for a penalty. Mark Somers stepped up and despatched the penalty into the top left hand corner. 
Full Time : Stonehaven YFC 2-5 Cove BC
Login to post comments