Home My YFS

Fraserburgh edge past North Star Phoenix in exciting match

Written by 


Fraserburgh Link Up
North Star Phoenix
Under 15's ADJFA "B" League
14 December 2014
A dry but bitterly cold day with a strong south westerly wind blowing across Fraserburgh's links pitch made conditions very difficult for both teams as North Star Phoenix kicked off the match hoping to continue their good run of form that has seen them move to the top of the fifteen's B league.
Both teams enjoyed some early pressure with Phoenix number ten Vaughan challenging Fraserburgh number four Anderson strongly hoping to win midfield superiority
Good play from Phoenix captain Dylan Henderson gave striker Baillie a good opportunity to open the scoring but the home sides keeper Jamie Bruce saved well.
At the opposit end Liam Jon Stephen made a good run feeding a great through ball to winger Ryan Sargent whose scorching shot flew across the Phoenix goal just wide of the post.
The deadlock between these evenly matched teams was finally broken in the twenty fifth minute when great play again by Fraserburgh  Liam Jon Stephen played a great ball from the left across the Phoenix keeper for Dylan Ritchie to knock slot the ball in at the back post, 1-0.
The match was proving to be a great battle in windy conditions and with the Fraserburgh looking to go into half time with a precious lead North Star Phoenix beat the offside trap to steal in and knock the ball past the helpless Bruce in goal tying the game at 1-1.
Half Time : Fraserburgh Link Up 1-1 North Star Phoenix
Fraserburgh started the second half determined to restore their lead and took the game straight to Phoenix with good play from Mcgregor linking with Cowe in midfield setting up another attack which was hastily cleared by the Phoenix defence.
This match was end to end and it was soon Jappy and Reid in the home defence who were now busy clearing their lines from another Phoenix attack.
Jack Walker was having a good game for Phoenix and along with Cowie were linking up well in midfield but again it was Fraserburgh who took the lead with Dylan Ritchie passing wide left to the oncoming Sargent who tore past the Phoenix centre half Craig Frost, smashing his shot past the stranded Phoenix keeper. 2-1. 
Phoenix weren't going to give up and threw everything at Fraserburgh Link Up desperately looking for an equaliser but the Fraserbugh defence held firm and continued to look to add to their lead with great play by Jack Cowe in right midfield sending a pass to Louis Jon Stephen, who's strike went straight to the Phoenix keeper.
With such a hard fought match being played at such a high tempo both teams picked up bookings but in the end it was Fraserburgh Link-Up who celebrated the victory at full time.
Full Time : Fraserburgh Link Up 2-1 North Star Phoenix 
Login to post comments