Home My YFS
Sunday, 10 March 2013 22:25

Kintore beat local rivals to reach final four

Written by  Kintore BC
Rate this item
(0 votes)


Kintore BC
Colony Park
U19 Sunnybank Shield - Q/F
A much anticipated local derby, Kintore Boys Club met Colony Park Football Club in the Sunnybank Shield quarter final. It began with a very bright start from the home side as they managed to carve out some opportunities resulting in a few corners and free kicks.

The first clear chance fell to Kintore testing the Colony Park goalkeeper for the first time in the game. Both teams had their chances but they were unable to get themselves in front before the half was over.

Half Time: Kintore BC 0-0 Colony Park

Colony Park started the second half very brightly and were rewarded with a penalty decision within a few minutes of kick off. Addison made no mistake from the spot kick as he hit the ball hard down the middle of the goal leaving Garrow in goals no chance. Colony began to play some football and put the home side under a bit of pressure in the next 10 minutes but Kintore looked happy to soak this up.

The home side battled back into the game and started to take control, they carved out a few opportunites and finally made a breakthrough. An excellent pass from Glennie ended up in the path of Wood and he calmy slotted the ball into the back of the goal. Game on.

The game remained very tight for the rest of the second half and with extra time looming referee Fraser blew for full time.

Full Time: Kintore BC 1-1 Colony Park

The game had been played at a very high standard and it could have gone either way, once again Kintore started the first half of extra time very strongly and took the lead through a well placed header from Crisp that crawled into the bottom corner of the goal.

Another 15 minutes left of extra time for kintore to hang onto their lead and they looked pretty comfortable. Colony had a few more chances with corner kicks and the Kintore goalkeeper made a few vital saves. Colony continued to pile on the pressure but chances seemed to be dying down.

In the dying minutes, Kintore were awarded a free kick on the far side of the pitch after a rough tackle from the Colony defende. The freekick was taken by Mackie and it looped over the Colony park goalkeeper and into the top corner sending the players into celebrations. Final score Kintore BC 3 Colony Park 1.

Kintore BC now face Dee BC in the semi-final.

Final Result: Kintore BC 3-1 Colony Park (AET)
Last modified on Sunday, 06 April 2014 20:06
Login to post comments