Home My YFS

St. Peters are just too strong for Cramond in national cup

Written by  Cramond FC


Cramond FC
St. Peters
Under 16's, Scottish Cup Round 4
15 November 2014
From start to finish the game was pretty one sided, St. Peter's continously passing through Cramonds midfield and defence creating many chances which Cramonds defence managed to hold off for longer than expected. 
With The Glasgow side pressing deep into the home teams half it was looking very one sided and was forcing Cramond keeper to pull of some spectacular saves. 
St. Peter's eventually made the breakthrough after there right winger skipped past the left mid and full back before putting a floating cross in which was finished well by the striker, 1-0 to St. Peters.
It was minutes after Cramond had taken kick off that at peters central midfielder won the ball back playing there striker through who once again managed to finish.
Cramond really needed to do something if they wanted to remain in the scottish cup but they would need a miracle in the second half to beat the superior Paisley side. 
Half Time : Cramond 0-2 St. Peters
This seemed to be a wake up call for Cramond with midfielder Ryan Printy playing the ball through to striker Mark Mackay who forced the St Peter's keeper to make his first save of the day putting it behind for a corner. 
Cramond were unable to make the corner count and infact were caught out on the break when the oppsostions winger recieved the ball from a headed clearance and was away on the counter attack. He managed to find himself at Cramond's by line where we easily dribbled inbetween three defenders before slotting the ball past the keeper, 3-0.
Cramond seemed to be out of this cup tie before the final whistle had even went.
St. Peters were to grab themselves another goal after Cramond's centre back was unable to clear the ball, which led to the St. Peter's striker to score yet again, increasing his sides advantage to four goals.
With ten minutes to go the Paisley side were nearly able to celebrate their victory but weren't finished yet, as they grabbed another, when their substitute midfielder danced through the Cramond midfield, before forcing the home keeper into a save, but the rebound was prodded home. 
With the score 5-0 St. Peter's they seemed to calm the game down keeping possession with intrequit passing and good skill which was ended by the referee blowing the whistle for full time putting Cramond out of the competition.
Full Time : Cramond 0-5 St.  Peters
Login to post comments