Home My YFS
Wednesday, 05 December 2012 13:24

Pars pull off shock win in the Capital

Written by 
Rate this item
(0 votes)


Heart of Midothian FC
Dunfermlime Athletic
Scottish Premier League Under 20's
Tynecastle Stadium
Hearts and Dunfermline locked horns on a cold night in the capital, with a thrilling encounter produced 5 goals altogether proving that the under 20's SPL is a great advert for Youth Football in Scotland. 

Hearts were quickly out of the starting blocks and scoring after only a few minutes played. Denis Prychynenko's powerful free kick stung the hands of Pars' keeper Michal Hrivnak, only for the ball to fall at the feet of Dale Carrick to tuck the ball home and to give Hearts a 1-0 lead. 
The capital side were on top for most of the first half, winger Adam King cutting inside and his shot was deflected over the bar. 

Prychynenko was shown the yellow card a quarter of an hour into the match for a foul on Alex Whittle. The midfielder picked himself up to whip the free kick into the box and Kerr Young was on hand to nod the ball into the back of the net ,past the stranded Ridgers in the jambo's goal, to equalise for the Pars.

Hearts came close to reclaiming the lead soon after. King's long drive forced keeper Hrivnak into a flying save to turn the ball round the post.

Mark Keegan tried his luck from the same distance. In a carbon copy of King's effort, Hrivnak was on hand to tip the ball wide of the post.
Half Time: Heart of Midlothian 1-1 Dunfermline Athletic
Just a few minutes into the second half, Dunfermline took the lead for the first time in the match. Whittle received the ball for D'Angelo and curved a wonderful left-footed strike into the top corner of Ridgers' net. Once again the jambo's keeper was helpless. 

Dunfermline were brimming with confidence and almost added a third a few minutes later. D'Angelo had a wonderful effort that was brilliantly saved this time by Ridgers to keep the score at 2-1.

The fighting spirit showed by the jambo's paid off 15 minutes from time, when Fraser Mullen stepped up to swerve a delightful 25 yard free kick into the top corner of Hrivnak's goal. Nothing the goalkeeper could do about the strike. 

Dunfermline could have, and should have taken the lead only a few minutes after Hearts' equaliser. Substitute Alan Smith danced his way through the jambos' back 4, rounded keeper Ridgers and the whole goal to aim at, but he fired wide. 

Only a minute later though, and the Pars did regain the lead. Henderson's stunning low drive beat Ridgers and but the visitors 3-2 ahead. 

The match ended on a disappointing note when Dunfermline's Ross Millen received a straight red card for an awful tackle on Hearts substitue Beith. With Fraser Mullen joining Millen down the tunnel due to his leading role in the aftermath of the tackle.
Full Time: Heart of Midlothian 2-3 Dunfermline Athletic
Last modified on Saturday, 03 August 2013 18:32
Kieran Green

Kieran Green | YFS South East Region Journalist

Login to post comments