Home My YFS
Saturday, 09 April 2011 18:29

Bankies edge out Juniors in tight semi

Written by  Peter McGill
Rate this item
(0 votes)
Port Glasgow Juniors Under 15s vs Clydebank FC Under 15s 
West Regional Cup Semi Final
Clydebank Boys Fc 15s progressed to the West Regional Cup Final on saturday afternoon out at Port Glasgow for what was a tough away match against up and coming Port Glasgow Juniors in the Semi-Final of the West Regional Cup. A huge crowd gathered for the match, played in glorious sunshine.
The Young Bankies started the better team as a move involving Calum Davidson, Ronan McGarvey saw Joe Toye hit a low shot into the net in the opening minute to give Clydebank a great start.
Toye again soon caused problems as he fired past the post. Clydebank Keeper Robbie Macdonald was soon called into action as he leaped to clear the danger as Port attacked with a dangerous long ball into the box. Up at he other end Davidson beat 2 players but his shot went over the bar. At the other end Macdonald again made a superb save as he forced a point blanc save over the bar the keep Bankies lead.
The young Bankies pushed forward as Ryan Devitt fired past .As half time approached the Port defender passed back to the keeper to foil Bankies attack and the referree awarded Clydebank an indirect freekick inside the box.vToye squared to McAllen who riffled the ball through the Port wall on the goaline and into the net. 
Half Time: Port Glasgow Juniors Under 15s 0-2 Clydebank FC Under 15s
Within minutes of the second half kicking off Port pulled back a goal to make it 2-1. Drew McQuat the scorer to put Juniors right back into the match.
The young Bankies responded almost imediately as a great touch and finish from Joe McGinley made it 3-1 Bankies. 
Port were now pushing to get back into this cup tie as the young Bankies were restricted to hitting on the break as Peter McGill linked up with Toye for his 2nd goal. 
The young Bankies should have the match won at this point at 4-1 but continual pressure from he Port payed off as they pulled back a goal. Paul Gallagher was in the right place at the right time to reduce the deficit.
The game was set up for a grand finalé when Juniors grabbed their third. A penalty kick was awarded and Jake O'Neil stepped up to make it 4-3.
Port's attention returns to the league championship. The young Bankies now look forward to meeting old rivals Drumchapel Utd in the Regional Cup Final in June which will make for a cracking cup final for both teams. 
Full Time: Port Glasgow Juniors Under 15s 3-4 Clydebank FC Under 15s
Port Juniors MOTM: Drew McQuat
Clydebank FC MOTM: Peter McGill
Last modified on Friday, 09 August 2013 13:38
Login to post comments