Home My YFS

DDYFA Results Round-Up 18/11/18

Written by 

There was Scottish Cup shocks and drama in the domestic cups in another action-packed week of DDYFA action.

Here’s how the action went down:



There was Scottish Cup success for Dryburgh Athletic as they beat Dundee United SC 3-2 to advance to Round Five.

Cole Taylor netted what proved to be the all-important goal in extra time after Rhys Stewart and Bobby Shirkey were on target during normal time.

They are joined in the next round by Monifieth Athletic after they beat Formartine 6-3. Harris Shepherd bagged a hat trick for Monifieth, with Seb McLeish, Thomas McLanaghan and Fraser Yule all finding the net.

St Andrews Colts picked up their first win in the Café Royale League as they beat Dundee West Reds 3-0.

Arbroath Lads beat Fairmuir 5-2 in the J Clenaghan League to move into second spot. Ryan Paterson netted a hat trick for Arbroath, with Rohan Paterson and Kyle Fraser rounding off the scoring. Kyle Peacock and Kristofer Bruce got Fairmuir’s goals.

Brechin City picked up a 4-2 win over Riverside, while Montrose Vics beat Carnoustie 3-1.

Ferry Athletic continued their unbeaten run in the P Gibson League with a 5-2 win over Forfar Boys. Broughty Panthers beat ACSC 2-1, Kirrie won 7-1 against Dundee Thistle and Celtic Boys won 2-0 against Mearns.



Fairmuir booked their place in Round Five of the Scottish Cup with an emphatic win over Armadale Blues. Stuart Heenan and Thomas Cunningham both netted hat tricks, with Leo Norrie, Thomas Cunningham and Ryan Mullholland completing the scoring.

Riverside also booked a spot in Round Five with a 2-1 win over Cove.

Pitfour extended their lead at the top of the DS Rennie League to five points with a 6-1 win over Forfar Boys, while Ferry Athletic went down 1-0 against Montrose. Broughty Pumas beat DUSC 7-1.

Carnoustie hit the goal trail against Celtic Boys as they moved up to fifth in the table. Scott Hamilton scored five times while Ben Blackley scored a hat trick. There were braces for Jack Chalmers and Nathan Burgess as well as a goal from Dylan McLeish.

In the Watson McInally League, ACSC were beaten 2-1 by Brechin.

Monifieth Athletic came from behind to beat Dundee West Royals 7-3 and book a place in the semi-finals of the Mac Brown Cup.

Gabriel Smith scored early on for Monifieth who trailed Dundee West 2-1 at half time. Jason Scott scored either side of Evan Allardyce’s goal as three goals in as many minutes gave Monifieth the lead.

Warren Lorente scored a hat trick in the final six minutes to ensure Monifieth’s passage to the next round, where they are joined by Mearns, Maryfield and Arbroath Lads.



Celtic Boys advanced to Round Five of the Scottish Cup with a 2-0 win over Hutchison Vale.

Archie McLean’s hat trick ensured Kirrie Thistle a share of the spoils from their G Taylor League tie with Riverside as the sides played out a 3-3 draw.

Ferry Athletic picked up a 3-0 win over Pitfour thanks to goals from Jacob Sharpe, Jack Moir and Owen Boath.

Dundee West sealed a place in the semi-finals of the Jean Pierre Babin Cup with a 3-0 win over Dryburgh Athletic.

In the W Mills League, Maryfield United beat St James 7-0, ACSC won 6-3 against Montrose and DUSC played out a 1-1 draw with Monifieth.



Dundee West saw their Scottish Cup dreams ended by Johnstone Burgh, as the Paisley side found the net eight times.

The visitors reached the semi-finals of this competition last season and took just three minutes to open the scoring. Murdoch Henry’s low cross was met by Paul Hoy, who had a simple finish from close range to put his side ahead.

Ben Garrick and Ryley Duncan both passed up chances to score for Dundee West before three goals in as many minutes saw Johnstone Burgh all but seal their place in the next round.

Ryan Fitch’s free kick evaded everyone in the box before Henry netted twice in quick succession from inside the box.

A long-range strike from Robbie Edgar gave Johnstone Burgh a five-goal lead at the break with Henry completing his hat trick with a sweetly struck volley from the edge of the box 10 minutes after the restart.

Dundee West pulled one back after 53 minutes when Luke Miller prodded the ball home from Lee Clark’s free kick.

The visitors wasted no time putting the game to bed as Logan Hunter swept the ball home to reinstate their six-goal lead, while Euan Thomson netted twelve minutes from time to complete the scoring.

Pitfour booked a spot in the next round of the Scottish Cup with an 8-1 win over Holytown Colts.

Andrew Allan opened and closed the scoring for Pitfour, with Ally Alcorn netting a hat trick, alongside strikes from Kai Finnie, Kieran Sweeny and Matthew Glen.

Monifieth kept up their unbeaten run in the Maryfield League with a 1-0 win over Riverside.

Four goals from Lewis Sivewright fired Carnoustie Panmure into the semi-finals of the Queen’s Jubilee Cup as they beat Celtic Boys 4-2. Dylan Young scored twice for Celtic.

Nick Fletcher’s hat trick helped Fairmuir into the semi’s as they beat Ferry 7-2. Jamie McCann scored twice with Jack Wilkie and Zain Ferguson also on target.



Fairmuir knocked out holders Spartans Youth on Saturday as they booked a spot in Round Five. Nairn Bonnar netted twice with Jake Grady also finding the net in a 3-2 win. Ferry Athletic advanced with a 4-2 win over Lenzie YC.

Dryburgh CC advanced to the semi-finals of the Henry Dolan Cup with a 5-0 win over Brechin. Nathan Thomson and David Heenan scored twice, with Jamie Maloney also on target.

Jeanfield Swifts are also in the semi’s after a 5-4 penalty win over Broughty United.

Goals from Oli Carmichael and Kieran Bradford helped Monifieth Athletic fight back and beat Lincraig 2-1 in the Dave Pullar League.

Forfar Albion beat ACSC 5-4 and there was a 0-0 draw between Riverside and Dundee Thistle.



Bradley Duff netted twice as Ferry Blues advanced to the semi finals of the Peter MacAvoy Cup. Scott Thaw was also on target in the 3-1 win.

They are joined in the next round by Fairmuir Violet, who beat Forfar West end by the same score line, and East Craigie Swifts, who beat Ferry Yellows 2-1 thanks to goals from Hayden Burr and Calum McCleary.

Dundee North End won 3-0 against Brechin in the President’s League.

Andrew Creegan

Andrew Creegan | YFS East Region Multimedia Journalist
Articles by Author | Contact Author

Login to post comments