Home My YFS

DDYFA Results Round-Up 13/05/18

Written by 

Three champions were crowned, and two cups were lifted in another jampacked weekend in the DDYFA.

Here’s how the action went down:



Ferry Athletic clinched the Café Royale League title with a 6-2 win over Maryfield United. Aiden Lockheart scored twice, with Will Hanbury, Gene Taylor, Stevie Grogan and Dylan Gill making it a league and cup double for the Scottish Cup Quarter Finalists.

Fairmuir beat Montrose 7-1 while Pitfour picked up a 2-1 win over Carnoustie.



There were wins for the three title contenders in the DS Rennie League as Celtic Boys beat Brechin 5-2, Forfar beat Montrose 7-0 and Kirrie beat DUSC.

Owen Boath scored twice as Ferry beat Fairmuir 4-1. Jacob Sharpe and Leo Murrie were also on target with Rhys Ross netting for Fairmuir.

Broughty United had to come from behind to take three points against ACSC. The Arbroath side raced into a 2-0 lead, but goals from Leon Winterton, Kyle Reid, Daragh McCafferty, Lewis Grant and John McGlashan earned them a 5-2 win.

Monifieth beat Maryfield 3-2 in the Watson McInally League.



Monifieth Athletic picked up their second cup of the season thanks to a 2-1 win over Pitfour in the final of the Jean Pierre Babin Cup.

The G Taylor League leaders beat the same opponents by the same score line in the final of the Tommy Clark Trophy earlier in the season and goals from Greg Will and Aiden Lorente ensured the same outcome, despite Ally Alcorn puling one back for Pitfour.

Arran Ferry was the match winner the last time the side’s met and it took a perfectly times challenge from Andrew Allan to deny him the opener. The resulting corner was flicked over by Ruari McQuillan from close range.

Monifieth did open the scoring 10 minutes into the second half when McQuillan was taken down in the box by Rory Harrower. Greg Will made no mistake with the spot kick, giving Pitfour’s stand in keeper Jake Edwards no chance as he drilled the ball into the bottom left corner.

Aiden Lorente dragged a shot wide from 20 yards before netting Monifieth’s second. Lorente chased down a long ball, capitalised on a mix up between Charlie Edward and Edwards and tapped the ball into the empty net.

Ben Clos linked well with Jordan Turnbull as Pitfour looked for a route back into the match but couldn’t hit the target from close range. The winger jinked into the box moments later and teed up Alcorn, who curled home his 57th goal of the season from 12 yards, but it wasn’t enough as Monifieth held on to seal the silverware.

Fairmuir beat Carnoustie 5-1 in the G Taylor League. Jamie McCann scored twice with Mason Anderson, Graeme Stewart and Robbie Flynn also netted. Connor McFarlane grabbed Carnoustie’s goal.

Four goals from Lewis Hutton inspired Dundee West to a 7-1 win over Montrose. Luke Miller scored twice, and Cavan McLaren rounded off the scoring late on.
Doubles from Zak Benmalek and Blane Devaney fired Celtic Boys to a 4-0 win over Dundee Thistle.



Goals from Brandon Donnelly and Ewan Stewart clinched the John Clark Motors Cup for Ferry Athletic as they came from behind to beat Broughty United, who opened the scoring through Callum Howe.

Ferry were seeing most of the ball but couldn’t test Gregor Tweed in the Broughty goal. With 22 minutes gone, Broughty opened the scoring.

A corner was missed by Kieran Barron and fell to Callum Howe, whose cross-cum-shot was misjudged by Connor Milton and ended up in the net.

Louie Porter brought another save out of Tweed seconds after the restart before Broughty’s Simon Sharpe fired a shot into the side netting. Zak Foran mistimed a header which presented Liam Clark with the ball at the edge of the box, but Milton was quick off his line to smother the shot.

Jake Stewart was denied twice in quick succession by Tweed as Ferry looked for the equaliser and when Brandon Donnelly was taken down by Harry Eaton in the box, they had their route back into the match. Donnelly stepped up and coolly dispatched the penalty to bring Ferry level.

Five minutes later, Porter released Ewan Stewart who raced clear of the Broughty defence and slipped the ball under Tweed to score what proved to be the winning goal for Ferry.

Dryburgh are into the semi-finals of the East Region Cup after a 5-3 win over Pitreavie Pumas. They will host Benarty Astros while rivals Fairmuir look to get revenge on Glenrothes Stollers after exiting the Scottish Cup at their hands earlier in the season.

Fairmuir closed the gap on Dryburgh in the Maryfield League with an 8-0 win over St Murdochs. Jamie Timmons scored a hat trick with Jake Grady and Kane Hynes scoring doubles. Captain Mark McCrory was also on target.

Logie Harp beat Jeanfield 5-1 while Forfar won 2-0 against Blairgowrie.

Riverside secured the W Mills League title with a 2-0 victory against Dryburgh CC. Jack Terroni and Michael Tinning got the goals that ensure they bounce back to the top flight at the first time of asking.

Monifieth can match Riverside’s points tally if they win their last two games of the season. They beat St Murdochs Colts 4-1 while Dundee Thistle won 3-1 against Kirrie.



East Craigie Swifts will face Scone Thistle in the final of the East Region Cup after a 3-2 win over Hill of Beath Hawthorn. Keir Gardiner scored twice with Hayden Burr also on target.

Fairmuir beat Dundee Rangers 4-3 in their final game of the season. Celtic Boys beat Forfar 5-2 while ACSC beat cup finalists Kirrie 4-1.

Brechin City’s 4-0 win over Dryburgh and St Andrews Colts 5-0 win over Carnoustie saw Brechin crowned champions of the Bodycare Complimentary Clinics League.



There were wins over Forfar West End and Brechin for President’s League title contenders Fairmuir and Ferry. Kirrie beat Monifieth 5-4.

Andrew Creegan

Andrew Creegan | YFS East Region Multimedia Journalist
Articles by Author | Contact Author

Login to post comments