Home My YFS

Kirkcaldy Inter pull through against East Fife

Written by 

A Gordon Tulloch double and a Kierren Ritchie goal were enough to see Kirkcaldy Inter gain maximum points in a hard-fought battle.

The home side Inter were first to threaten as a dangerous Ritchie cross was met by Cameron McGregor whose close ranged volley was denied by a smart save from keeper Tyler Wilson, in the 3rd minute. Wilson was called in for another save after McGregor threatened again with a header, but once again, Wilson prevented the hosts to take the lead in the 10th minute.

The visitors got their first chance of the game when Harris Duffy picked up the ball at the edge of the box and saw his powerful shot, just go wide of the post in the 14th minute. Duffy was at it again in the 21st minute as he danced past the Inter defence and forced an exquisite save from keeper Robbie Carson.

Sam Page was next to test Carson who was on top form, but once again saw an East Fife effort saved by Carson in the 25th minute

Arguably against the run of play, Inter broke the deadlock through a close ranged Tulloch volley at the back post from an in-swinging corner delivered by Ritchie in the 28th minute. Inter immediately added a second, when a deflected Tulloch cross found it’s way to the back of the net in the 30th minute.

Inter were unlucky to not get a third when Ritchie went on another superb run down the left wing and floated in a wonderful cross to Sam Ovenstone, who couldn’t keep his effort down in the 31st minute, which ended up being the last chance of the half.   

East Fife came flying out the traps in the second half when Duffy pulled one back for the visitors by controlling the ball and smashing it into the top right corner from a tight angle, not giving Carson a chance to even move. In the 40th minute. East Fife will have no idea how they didn’t get an instant equaliser from a Derry Black, long ranged effort in the 43rd minute, when Carson pulled off an extraordinary acrobatic save to prevent the visitors levelling proceedings up.

The Carson show continued when Callum Dawson was played through in a one versus one situation, but Carson made himself big and denied the striker from scoring, in the 45th minute.

The ongoing battle between Carson and the East Fife strike force continued when Dawson manged to muscle his way through the East Fife defence and have a strike at goal. But Carson was down quick enough to avert the ball nestling in the net, in the 58th minute. Carson then dispatched a beautifully weighted kick which started a fast-paced counter attack after absorbing a huge volume of pressure, which ended with a powerful Ritchie strike finding the bottom right corner in the 59th minute.

East Fife managed to finally beat Carson for the second time of the game, when Dawson laid an expertly weighted pass to Kay who had pushed forward and was waiting at the edge of the box to coolly slot it past Carson in the 63rd minute.

However, the goal ended up being just a constellation as the Kirkcaldy side manged to hold on in the remaining minutes of the match and take all three points. 

Login to post comments