Home My YFS
Wednesday, 17 April 2013 14:50

Thistle edge Everton in entertaining affair

Written by  Alison Barr
Rate this item
(0 votes)


Everton YFC
Thistle FC
King George V, Renfrew
This game was played at King George V Park in Renfrew. It was due to be a 2pm kick off but kicked off slightly behind schedule.

The coaches of both teams had met before and a good rapport with each other. Prior to the match both coaches had being talking to each other discussing how we both had been doing and having a good blether. This friendly approach was also part of both teams attitude towards our games in general.

The match started almost as soon as the players arrived. Everton had 11 players and Thistle had 12 players. Both teams got into the spirit of the game right away. Everton scored early on in the first half from a move down the wing. The game was end to end stuff with some lovely football in between. Everton got a free kick approx 5 yards outside the box but the keeper took it in his stride.
Just before half time Thistle came back to level the match at one all. Thistle had just taken a corner whereby the ball pinballed about in the six yard box before rolling along the goal line. Thistle's number 18 Jack Hay was the first to react and sprinted to the other side of the goal post to tap the ball over the line before one of the Everton players managed to block the shot. Not long after that it was half time.

Half Time: Everton YFC 1-1 Thistle FC

The second half started as the first half ended. The fast pace continued. Ten minutes into second half Thistle got another corner. This time it came in at a pace. Two Thistle players attacked the ball but it was number 8 Dominik Valley who got there first and scored with a volley.

The game restarted and not long after this striker number 10 Liam Gallacher of Thistle BC did a one two with Brandon Campbell and took the ball to just inside the box and scored. Three - one to Thistle BC.
Now Everton had the bit beween their teeth and piled the pressure onto Thistle which eventually culmulated into a goal. They were estatic. Everton continued to put pressure but Thistle managed to hold on until the final whistle went.

Thistle Bc went wild jumping up and down. Both teams met in the middle and shooks hands and congratulated each other. Coaches and referees congratulated each other.
Full Time: Everton YFC 2-3 Thistle FC

Thistle FC MOTM: Liam Gallacher
Last modified on Friday, 23 August 2013 15:05
Login to post comments