Home My YFS

5 star Hillwood BC into 4th round of Scottish Youth FA Cup.

Ferry Athletic 2

Boath 9, Murrie 45

Hillwood BC 5

McCann 15, Kelly 49,Ali 56, 58, Cannon 70
  • Sunday, 29 October 2017
  • Dawson Park
  • Under 14´s
  • Scottish Youth FA Cup

Iain Proudfoot | YFS East Region Journalist
Author's Bio | Articles by Author | [email protected]

Hillwood Boys Club moved into the 4th Round of the Scottish Youth FA Cup with victory over Ferry Athletic at Dawson Park. Four goals in the second-half proved the difference with  the Glasgow side moving one step closer to Cup glory.

As is usually the case with knock-out football the match began with both sides cancelling each other out and few clear cut chances being created.  The first real opening came for the away  side when a good delivery from Lewis Cannon almost picked out the onrushing Cameron Kelly at the back post.  Ferry also began to find joy going forward and were ahead on the 9th minute, Jack Moir flicking the ball into the path of Owen Boath who stabbed the ball into the net.

Hillwood responed well to the set-back and found themselves level 6 minutes later, a looping cross from Kieran McCrory's free-kick found Aiden McCann and he made no mistake nodding past the keeper. 

Ferry looked to restore their and immeditly began pressuring the Hillwood backline, Moir brought out a good save by Archie Dickson and Liam Scott fired an effort over the bar. 

With the half drawing to a close it was Hillwoods turn to excert pressure and almost finished the half in front, Aayan Ali forcing a solid stop by Lewis Burns.

  • Half Time:
  • Ferry Athletic
  • 1-1
  • Hillwood BC

Ten minutes into the second-half Ferry regained the lead, Harrison Taylors powerful shot was deflected into the feet of Leo Murrie who showed good composure to place the ball past the keeper.

Hillwood did not let their heads drop and drew level on 49 minutes after Cameron Kelly finished an impressive run by slotting past the on-rushing Dickson.

At  this stage more goals seemed inevitable and it was Hillwodd who grabbed the initaitive when Ali's poweful shot made it 3-2 with 56 minutes played.

Two minutes later Ai grabbed his second after being released into space by Jay Crown. 

Credit must go to the home side for contiung to look for a way back into the cup-tie and Liam Scott tested Dickson with an effort from distance.

On the stroke of full-time Hillwood saved their best strike for last when Cannon picked his spot from outside of the box for his sides fifth.  

  • Full Time:
  • Ferry Athletic
  • 2-5
  • Hillwood BC


Ferry Athletic
Hillwood BC
3.Rian Clark
4.Yousuf Ahmed
5.Josh Anderson
6.Blair Anderson
7.Conall Henderson
8.Leo Murrie
9.Owen Boath
10.Liam Scott
11.Jamie Stracey
12.Struan Keir
14.Harrison Taylor
16.Jack Moir
17.Nicolas Matthew
18.Jacob Sharpe
19.Charlie Massie
21.Lewis Burns
1.Archie Dickson
2.Aaron Duff
3.Jay Crown
6.Aayan Ali
8.Aiden McCann
21.Cameron Kelly
25.Lee Fraser
27.Lewis Cannon
28.Brendan McGuire
30.Kieran McCrory
32.Flynn McIver
38.Zak Mersey
44.Cejay McGregor
Star Player
Ferry Athletic
Hillwood BC
Owen Boath- always dangerous going forward and rewarded with the opening goal.
Aayan Ali- a good focal point up front with brought players into the game and scored a double of his own.
Magic Moment
Ferry Athletic
Hillwood BC
Leo Murrie showing good composure to knock past the keeper to restore Ferry Athletic's lead.
Lewis Cannon's well placed strike from the edge of the box for his sides fifth of the afternoon.
  • Match report and photos copyright Youth Football Scotland.
Login to post comments