The second YFS TV : Live Debate Show, hosted by Ryan Rowe, took place on Monday 20th February 2017, on the topic of coaching young players in Scotland.
The panel consisted of:
- Declan Fergus (Declan Fergus Academy & Heart of Midlothian FC)
- Graeme Mathie (Hibernian FC)
- Tam Smith (Hutchison Vale)
- Ross Gray (Gold & Gray Academy)
- Rob Hart (Edinburgh City)
Topics discussed included:
- When planning a training session - what are your golden rules?
- What are common mistakes made by grassroots coaches in the training and match-day environment?
- For a coach that wants to plan a longer term training programme, what is your advice?
- What do you make of the current coach education options out there and what would you recommend for an aspiring coach trying to develop their ability?
- How important is it to offer individual one to one coaching to players? And for those who find it challenging to devote time to it, what would be your advice?
- Technique is a focal point for most coaching right now. How would you balance time spent with other aspects such as fitness, sports science, tactics and training games?
Watch the debate in full below: