Home My YFS

Blantyre in strong comeback against Mossend BC

Written by 


Mossend BC
Blantyre BC
U15's Scottish Cup
07 September 2014
Sunday was the start of Blantyre's Scottish Cup campaign and the boys came into the match on the back of some great performances in the league. It was a late start at Bellshill but the weather was perfect for a good game of football.
The first half saw Blantyre on the back foot as Mossend pushed forward at every opportunity and showed more desire to win any 50/50 ball. The defence was being hemmed back in their own half and there was too much of a gap between the midfield and strikers. The normal tigers of the midfield were still to come to life. 
After sustained pressure, Mossend got the goal they deserved with a shot high into the corner of the net to make it 1-0 to the home side.
The remainder of the first half continued with Mossend pressing forward for a second. However, the Blantyre defence managed to hold on to the half time interval to keep it to a one goal defecit, but continued to be under pressure.
Half Time: Mossend BC 1-0 Blantyre BC
The second half saw a brighter start for Blantyre. Nathyn was pushing forward and chasing down the full backs. The pressure was starting to show some cracks in the Mossend defence and the confidence started to build in Blantyre. 
Mossend managed to break, against the run of play, when they drove forward with the Mossend striker finding himself in a 1on1 with Blantyre keeper, Kieran and he did brilliantly to stop the forward from making it 2-0.
This was the jolt Blantyre needed and they were back on level terms shortly after through Ross.
Callum took a long throw on the left and Ross flicked it on; bouncing off a Mossend defender it fell back to the feet of Ross who wasted no time firing the ball home from 18 yards. 
Great goal from Blantyre to level the match and the game was back on with the scores level at 1-1.
The goal settled Blantyre down and there was some nice play through the team and the midfield started to be more like themselves and getting the better of Mossend. 
Fortunately for Blantyre, it wasn't too long before number two arrived. Callum picked up the ball well inside his own half and looked up to see Nathyn free 30 yards ahead. 
The pass went over the head of the last defender and fell perfectly for Nathyn who took the ball in his path, stepped forward into the box and fired home. 
A well-deserved goal for the tireless Nathyn who was constantly chasing down and managed to force his Blantyre side in to a one goal lead. 
Blantyre were in control and continued to press forward and rounded off a great second half performance with their third goal and Ross’ second.
After some fine play down the right, the ball came across to Ross in the centre and he calmly slotted past the keeper for his second goal of the game to make it 3-1 to the visitors.
The final minutes played out without too much drama and Blantyre were happy to finish with a win and passage through to the second round.
Full Time: Mossend BC 1-3 Blantyre BC
Login to post comments