Home My YFS

Syngenta stroll to league title with win at home to Kilsyth

Written by 


Syngenta Juveniles
Kilsyth Athletic
Under-17 WLAYFC
08 June 2014
On Sunday 8th June Syngenta Juveniles U17’s made it a league and cup double by defeating Kilsyth in their last league game of the season 4-0. It was a tense affair as Syngenta need to win or draw to secure the title but if Kilsyth had won they would have forced a play-off..
It was clear from the opening whistle that Syngenta were well up for this match as they did not give Kilsyth any time on the ball and were chasing down everything. 2 minutes into the match and Syngenta were awarded a penalty. The referee deciding that, after some crisp passing the Syngenta centre forward was held back in the box and the spot kick was dispatched with aplomb by Syngenta’s right back Ross Mackenzie. 
Kilsyth could not settle into their normal passing game and after 12 minutes a great pass from the Syngenta Captain found Jay McMahon on the right wing. McMahon showed great pace to round the Kilsyth left back and drove into the box. He released a cross which the Kilsyth centre half (unfortunately for him) turned the ball passed his keeper 2-0.
Kilsyth did try to pass the ball and bring their wide players into the match but each foray was quickly dealt with by Syngenta’s resolute defending.  
Another similar passage of play to the second goal say McMahon again round his man, drove into the box but this time he skilfully struck the ball into the far corner curling it round the keeper. With just over half an hour played the score line was 3-0 to the home team.
It might have been 3-0 to the home team and the title was surely wrapped up but Syngenta went pressing for more goals. A few corners were won but came to nothing. Kilsyth had one further attack in the first half but Syngenta cleared their lines. Syngenta played the ball very well out of defense and with some great one touch passing Syngenta won another corner. This corner was delivered with more pace and was met by Syngenta Captain, Gregor Monro. He rose well from about 9 yards out and his brave header bulleted into back of the net. A hard collision from Kilsyth’s keeper left the Syngenta number 5 winded but the goal celebrations were not muted as Syngenta knew the title was theirs.
Half Time: Syngenta 4-0 Kilsyth
The second half saw more and more waves of attack from Syngenta but no further chances were taken. Frustration crept into the Kilsyth ranks with a few untimely challenges but the match never got out of control and was played in good spirit. 
The rain near the end of the match was so bad that most of the crowd expected Russell Crowe to appear with a huge wooden boat but as the rain abated the refs whistle brought an end to the match and an end to a fantastic season for Syngenta.
Full Time: Syngenta 4-0 kilsyth
Login to post comments