Home My YFS

Eastend book final place with second half comeback

Eastend Thistle 6

Delaney (2), Munro (2), Hillhouse, McDonald

Larkhall United 2

McCrorie, McKechnie
  • Sunday, 06 April 2014
  • Bannerman HS
  • Under 19´s
  • Lanarkshire FDA league cup

Forde McGhee | YFS West Region Journalist
Author's Bio | Articles by Author | [email protected]

Eastend Thistle booked their place in their place in the final of the LFDA league cup with a 6-2 win over title rivals Larkhall United.
Last year's winners of tournament Eastend were down 2-1 at half time but showed great character to come out in the second half and book a final date with league leaders Albion Rovers who beat Glencairn Alpha 6-5 in the other semi final.
Eastend started the livelier and there persistence payed off within fifteen minutes when great work down the right from Reece Delaney and Billy Campbell resulted in David McDonald firing past the keeper from Campbell's cross to open the scoring.
Even though the home side continued to attack Larkhall were still looking to catch them on the break and sneak an equalizer and the plan worked as the visitors scored from a well worked set piece and it was defender Ryan McKechnie who converted.
Eastend were the side playing the better football but just seemed to be having no luck infront of goal at all, McDonald had a few chances to double his tally and Delaney was looking dangerous from midfield but they still failed to find the net. 
Jordan McCrorie produced a piece of magic just on half time for Larkhall, a long ball from the back resulted in the Larkhall forward curling the ball round the out running keeper to give the visitors the lead going in to the break.
  • Half Time:
  • Eastend Thistle
  • 1-2
  • Larkhall United
At the start of the second half Eastend knew they had to get the first goal to keep their dream of winning the league cup two years in row alive and they came out all guns blazing, Daniel Hillhouse pulled them level with a neat finish.
Eastend then went on to control this half and turn on the style especially Reece Delaney and second half substitute Jay Munro.
Delaney fired himself a quick fire double to but his side two up, his first a fantastic strike with his left foot and his second great individual work from himself them a cheeky one two with McDonald for Delaney to them smash past the keeper.
Team mate Jay Munro watched Delaney bag a double and though whatever he can do I can do just as good and the Eastend forward went on to bag himself a brace firstly nicking the ball from a defenders feet then squeezing past the keeper at a tight angle then his second and the home sides sixth to kill the game off a well took strike hard past the keeper leaving him no chance.
  • Full Time:
  • Eastend Thistle
  • 6-2
  • Larkhall United


Eastend Thistle
Larkhall United
1. Josh Stewart
2. Josh McCormack
3. Terry McDonald
4. Owen McGrath
5. Jonathon Findlay
6. Sultan Sattar
7. Andrew Murdoch
8. Jay Munro
9. David McDonald
10. Kevin McDonald
12. Stuart Doherty
14. Jack McCormack
15. Billy Campbell
16. Daniel Hillhouse
20. Reece Delaney
1. David Henderson
2. Graham Nisbet
3. Kyle Scott
4. Mark Baker
5. Ryan McKechnie
6. Arron Brown
7. Guy Alexander
8. Ross Callan
9. Christopher Brown
10. Jordan McCrorie
12. Daryll Cooper
14. Lea Elliot
15. Andrew Crawford
Star Player
Eastend Thistle
Larkhall United
Reece Delaney was unplayable on the day never gave the ball away onced and bagged a brace.
Mark McCrorie was Larkhill's main threat.
Magic Moment
Eastend Thistle
Larkhall United
Quickfire doubles from Delaney and Munro won Eastend the game.
McCrorie's first time finish was sublime.
  • Match report and photos copyright Youth Football Scotland.
Login to post comments