Home My YFS
Monday, 05 November 2012 14:27

Reds hit Calderbraes for six

Written by 
Rate this item
(0 votes)


Milton Reds
U15 Central Regional Cup
Milton Red’s 1998’s under 15’s, played host to Calderbraes in the 2nd round of the Regional Cup. Calderbraes currently play in the A division in the Cumbernauld and Kilsyth League and like Milton are having a very successful season.
Calderbraes started the match very well and forced Milton onto the defensive right from the kick-off. As the first half wore on, Milton gradually fought their way into the match and the play began to flow towards the visitor’s goal. In the 28th minute Milton finally broke the deadlock when top scorer Callum Brown finished off a fine passing move and fired the ball into the bottom corner of the Calderbraes net. The home support had barely finished celebrating the opener when just 60 seconds later they were celebrating goal number two from Michael Ross.
Calderbraes fought hard to get back into the cup tie then just before the half time break they were rocked as Callum Brown scored with a tremendous shot over the stranded visiting keeper to put Milton three ahead. The half time whistle came with score three nil in favour of Milton Red’s.
Half Time: Milton Reds 3-0 Calderbraes
 After the break and with only 5 minutes on the clock, Callum put Milton four ahead when he completed his hat-trick, thundering a great shot from thirty yards into the net. Calderbraes battled hard to try and reduce the deficit but Milton keeper Ryan Hart was in fine form and dealt well with anything that the visitor’s came up with. With Milton well in front and with a comfortable scoreline, their coach Kenny Brown took the opportunity to introduce a number of substitutions and after some fine wing play from Cameron Doyle, his delightful cross into the box was fired home by Callum Brown to put Milton well on their way to the next round of the Regional Cup. Next on the score sheet was Milton’s captain and centre half Jason Walker who expertly volleyed home from Jake Hurry’s corner. This was to be the final goal of the match. The referee brought the game to a close with the final result six nil in Milton’s favour.
Milton’s man of the match award went to goal keeper Ryan Hart whose handling and overall display was first class throughout.
Next weekend will be a busy two day’s for the Milton Red’s as they play a league match away to Crieff Juniors on the Saturday before travelling to Aberdeen on the Sunday to play Banchory in the 3rd round of the Scottish Cup.
Full Time: Milton Reds 6-0 Calderbraes
Last modified on Monday, 07 April 2014 22:24
Login to post comments