Home My YFS

Riverside Blues second half rush is the difference against Milton

Written by  Milton Reds

Fixture: Riverside Blues v Milton Reds
Competition: Under 17's Forth Valley FDL
Date: 01/02/15
Milton made a good start to the match and put the visitors under early pressure. With the wind gusting mainly across the park no team had any advantage but meant control was difficult and the ball was often fired in the air. 
Milton came close to opening the scoring on a few occasions but midway through the first half there was a massive game changing incident. The Riverside keeper Alan Cramb gathered the ball but was also judged to have landed a kick on the Milton centre forward, the referee immediately blew his whistle and pointed to the penalty spot. However, only a yellow card was produced and not a red. The resulting penalty for Milton was fired over the crossbar. 
Milton continued to have the better of the first half but failed to convert their chances into goals. 
The first half came to a close with the match still level with no goals scored.
Half Time : Riverside Blues 0-0 Milton Reds
After the half time break conditions became very blustery. The wind really picked up and began to blow strongly at the backs of the Riverside team. 
In the sixty third minute of play the deadlock was broken and Riverside took the lead. 
Milton fought back but were unable to convert any of the chances they were creating. A fine effort from Milton’s Stuart Gardner came back off the post and Centre forward Kros Brown had a great goal bound effort which keeper Cramb just managed to block with his feet. 
Riverside then were gifted a sloppy goal when an effort from substitute Fitzpatrick which was going passed was pushed over the line by the unfortunate Krol in the Milton goal. 
To compound the agony for Milton, five minutes later a mishit free-kick from forty five yards swirled over the head of Krol and into the net. 
There was no further scoring and the match ended three nil to the home side. 
At the final whistle Milton players congratulated the players of Riverside. Milton were disappointed as their performance was well below their normal game but well done to Riverside for taking their chances and sealing the game with three goals in quick succession, late on.
Full Time : Riverside Blues 3-0 Milton Reds
Login to post comments